On the 23rd of February, the Service of the Commission for the Protection of Competition (CPC) received a notification of a proposed concentration according to Article 13 of the Control of Concentration between Enterprises Law 22(I)/99.
With the notification, the enterprise DHL Worldwide Express B.V. which holds 49% of the issued shares in the share capital of DHL (Cyprus) Ltd, informs the Service of the CPC for the purchase of the rest of 51% of the share capital of the above mentioned enterprise.
DHL Worldwide Express B.V. is a limited liability company duly registered and existing under the laws of the Netherlands and is a holding company within the Deutsche Post World Net Group of companies. This group of companies is active in various markets, including the international express parcel and document delivery, domestic and international standard parcel delivery, domestic and international express freight, etc.
DHL (Cyprus) Ltd is also a limited liability company, registered under the Cyprus law and its core business is the provision of cross-boarder express delivery for documents and parcels up to 50kg through an international delivery network.
During the preliminary investigation, the Service of the Commission for the Protection of Competition ascertains that the notified transaction could fall within the scope of the application of the Control of Concentration between Enterprises Law 22(I)/99.
According to Article 24 of the Control of Concentration between Enterprises Law 22(I)/99, in case of a concentration for which a full investigation is carried out (Article23), the Service provides, subsequent to the application of persons who have legal interest but do not participate in the concentration, an opportunity to submit their opinion in regards to the concentration at a way and time that the deadline set by Article 28 is not affected.